Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh My Goodness!

This is all I could say, as I saw my distressed children today as I told them that we were going to ride in the Civic to Salt Lake. They could not believe that was possible. I assured them that it was a 5 PASSENGER CAR! Then I retold them my childhood story of only having a 2 door hatchback Honda Accord when I was a teenager and WE WERE GRATEFUL for it! And, WE HAD SIX KIDS! And, TWO KIDS HAD TO SIT IN THE HATCHBACK PART. We even had one family vacation in it where we drove all the way to Zion's National Park that way. (Maybe that's why we only had ONE family vacation!)

They were still not convinced and the struggle continued as we drove. Mariah even asked if we could stop halfway so that they could stretch their legs....oh brother! They also claimed that gas wasn't nearly as expensive as it used to be. Of course, my seat was much closer to them too so I couldn't ignore their complaints either...oh my goodness. It was a long day filled with lots of complaints and wiggles. I see why minivans were invented. Anyway, as often as they would complain I always had a great comeback. I would simply say, "Do you want to hear the story of what kind of car I had when I was your age?...) That was the only time they would be quiet. :)






3 comments:

Carrie said...

Yep, us Suburban owners are pretty spoiled eh?

Dianne said...

LIFE IS REALLY TOUGH OUT THERE ISN'T IT---TELL THEM IT COULD BE A HANDCART!!!

Dani said...

Yeah Brian talks about that trip to our kids too!!! I think he and Deeanne were the ones in the hatch back. You should have him talk to your kids!!! HEEE! HEEEE!