Saturday, September 17, 2011

Uintah Half Marathon



We have one more bumper sticker to put on our car! Yep, that makes 2 half marathons under our belt. This one was down the Uintah Canyon and was a beautiful run, once it stopped raining. I came in at 2 hours and 2 minutes, but I my goal was to get in under two hours. I had two "potty" breaks so I am taking minutes off of my time for that inconvenience and still calling myself an "under two hour half marathoner!"

Dave came in at two hours and fifty minutes. He was dead last until he passed, or as runners call it "killed" a lady with a hurting ankle at mile 12! He had the most glorious entrance ever though. He was surrounded by about 10 girls who were the drink giver-outers and they started running with him at mile 6! They were all sixth and seventh graders and Dave said that they talked up a storm and made the last half of the race go much faster!

As they went around the track for their final lap, they were all holding hands the photographers went wild! :) So being last can have it's advantages.

No comments: