Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cado's Sonnet

Cado had to do a last minute sonnet for his English class.  He started out writing a really cheesy one about his dogs and it wasn't going anywhere good!  Then, he recruited my help and I told him he should write about his van.  Oh, the inspiration came quickly and we created a sonnet that we were quite proud of.  ha ha


Bob Marley Mobile

It was new and shiny twelve years ago.
I was so excited to hop right in.
Buckled up in my car seat right next to Bo.
With my movie player and a big grin.

That van took me places near and far.
To Disneyland thrice and school each day.
I thought it was great, better than a car.
It was great back then, but sadly to say.

It sat in my driveway year after year.
Got rusty and dented and looked like heck.
At sixteen my parents said, "Cado dear."
"Now that you're driving; we'll give you this wreck!"

I put on some stickers to make it cool.
And now I'm driving Bob Marley to school!

No comments: