Sunday, March 17, 2013

He Missed the Memo

Friday Dave and I were at Cado's soccer game in Salt Lake when I got a call from Bo to inform me that MY Honda had kind of gotten into a crash.  I was a little aghast because I have been driving that car for 6 years and I haven't had an issue at all.  Bo has driven it for 2 months and here we have a crash.

He went on to tell me that he went to run at the park and forgot to put on the emergency brake.  While he was running around the corner, he saw the civic rolling forward.  At first he thought someone was stealing it and then he realized that it was rolling on its own and he was not fast enough to get there to make it stop.  Unfortunately the bleachers made it stop and put a few dings in it. 

I wondered how the car would just roll and Bo again repeated that he forgot to put on the emergency brake.  I told him that I never use the emergency brake and he asked me what I used?  I was a little confused until he told me that he always puts the car in neutral and pulls on the brake when he parks.  Sheesh!  Somewhere Dave and I missed teaching him that you NEVER leave a car in neutral...unless you want it to roll away.  Well now I think Bo has heard that message and I'm pretty sure that he will leave that car in gear from hear on out!

No comments: