Sunday, May 19, 2013

Accreditation Update

For the past few years I have been working on preparing the preschool at USU for NAEYC accreditation.  It has been pure torture and I have pretty much hated every single minute of it.  I've sworn a lot and I've cried a lot as I've filled out hundreds of files to meet the national standards.  Nevertheless, the day finally came this week where I finally had the accreditation visit.  A woman from California flew in and spent the day with us.  She observed our teaching, our classroom and went through those hundreds of files!  At noon, she talked with me and told me that she was going to be done 2 1/2 hours earlier than she had anticipated.  She told me that she does over 200 accreditation visits per year, and that my files were the BEST ones she had ever seen!  Thus, she was getting through them so much faster.  Then, when we had our exit meeting, where she has to go over the things that I am missing, or doing wrong, or of concern, through her observations, she had NOTHING..NADA...NOT A THING on any of those documents!  She said that NEVER happens either.  So, needless to say, I think it went pretty well and I BETTER PASS and NOT HAVE TO LOOK AT ANOTHER FILE FOR A VERY LONG TIME!

1 comment:

wendi said...

Wow, your HARD work paid off Shirlene. Good job! Sounds like it was fun haha.