Sunday, July 28, 2013

Third Annual Star Valley Half Marathon


Here we are at the third annual Star Valley Half Marathon.  We had a few new recruits because Hannah is on a mission.  Justin filled her spot and Bo decided to join the festivities when he realized that he couldn't even run a mile when he got home from HIS mission!  This is the before the race shot at the top of the mountain.

It was a perfect running day...for those who finished before the two hour mark.  For the rest, it was a rain filled run.  Needless to say, after the race we were all freezing and wet.  They didn't even do the prize drawings.  Brian did win second place in his age division.  I think everyone beat their times from last year and I was especially happy to be only 23 seconds behind Bo!  When I saw him at mile 10 I sure wanted to catch up with him, but I just couldn't manage that.  Twenty seconds behind a "young buck" was good enough for me.  I got a 1:55 time.  YAY!

Family freezing shot.  This was a good way to sell more marathon hoodies though.  I was a buyer.

After a shower and nap, we went to our traditional Red Baron dinner and had shakes, footlongs, fries, and Big Reds!  Way to earn those calories back.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: