Monday, July 21, 2008

Shopping With Dayton

I guess when it is your 19th birthday and you are going on a mission, you can plan on a full day of birthday shopping! That's exactly what Dayton and I did last Thursday. We had a great trip out to Provo and managed to spend lots of money!
We went to a variety of stores to check things out and finally decided to buy most of our stuff at Mr. Mac. Here are some of the salesmen (former missionaries) offering Dayton their best advice.
As we entered the stores, Dayton made the comment that he really doesn't like it when the salemen put on a suitcoat or etc., and then ask him, "How does that feel?" Dayton is not the "express your emotions type" and didn't like the pressure of trying to tell them how it felt! "It feels like a suit!" were his main thoughts. We had to laugh from there on out as each time he tried something out, he once again was asked, "How does that feel." He would just look at me and smile and say "fine."
I think Dayton was actually relieved when the shopping day was done, and we arrived home with a car full of missionary stuff!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I THINK I HEARD A SUCKING SOUND COME FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!