Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Mom I Need Your Password"

My most favorite story that came from mom's death was this one.

Mom passed away on Wednesday night and it was too late to call Bo at his mission and besides that, I did not think that I would be able to talk very coherently at the time. The next day, me, Joyce, DeeAnne, Dale and Dad drove through Logan so that we could buy grandma's temple clothes and get dad a new suit (that is a story in and of itself!).

Anyway, by the time we got to Star Valley it was evening and by the time I got to the computer is was late evening. I called 1411 to get Bo's mission home address and tried the number I was given. It was obviously the office number because it said, "We are not in the office, please leave a message." I left a message, but knew I needed to call Bo that night. (I didn't want to wait ANOTHER day and tell him that grandma had died two days ago.)

So I tried to get on mom's computer. Who would have thought that it was password protected??? She had several sticky notes with passwords on them, so I tried them all and then I tried any password that I thought might work. Nothing worked.

Finally, in exasperation I said out loud, "Mom I need your password!" I can't remember if I touched a computer key or the mouse, but in the one click that I made, the computer screen completely changed. I looked an "awe" as I saw what was there. Right before my eyes was mom's security information page and right in the middle of is was....her password!

Do I think she was right next to me that night....I certainly do! Thanks mom!

No comments: