Thursday, March 12, 2015

Letter to Cado About Mary's Viewing

It is ten thirty at night and we just got back from Mary's viewing.  We got there at six oclock and waited in line for three and a half hours.  We were not surprised to see such an outpouring of love to her and her family.  It was amazing.
I took some pictures of how things were as we were going down the halls and through the rooms as we followed the line of people.  You will see the display of pictures at the entrance and then as we walked through the primary room there were flowers everywhere and a "life" video of Mary from babyhood to now.  I think Mary and Heavenly Father had a special hand in the timing of my picture taking.  I went to take a picture of the flowers and as soon as I did, guess whose picture was on the screen?  You and Mary.  I don't think that was a coincidence.  I think it was Mary's way of sending you a message that you were and are a very important part of her life.  It was clear that those pictures they were displaying on the video had been very carefully chosen.  You were in two of them.
When we finally got to the Relief Society room where Mary's family was, we had one of the most special and spiritual experiences we could have even imagined.  The first sister we met was Molly.  As soon as we told her we were Cado's parents, she just started to cry.  Then she said, "he called her Sunshine! He called her Sunshine!! That is exactly what she was."  She cried for you.  She cried because she knew you were hurting.  She was so sincere.  then she had very specific things that she wanted us to tell you.  The first was that they have had a very spiritual confirmation that Mary is o.k.  That she is no longer in pain and that the Savior was there to catch her."
Next was Mary's sister who was from Roosevelt.  I can't remember her name.  Again, as Molly said, "These are Cado's parents" she literally began to sob.  She was so concerned for you.  She wanted to know how you were doing.  Then she also talked about how much you meant to Mary.  She talked about the spiritual preparations that they can "now" see the Lord's hand in as he was preparing them for this event.  She told me that the last few weeks have been filled with things that they now know were preparing them.  She hugged me and cried and again expressed her love for you. 
When we got to Mary's dad, I am sure he was utterly exhausted.  He asked where you were and we said Mexico.  He then said, "Mary sure enjoyed that trip."  At that moment, Mary's mom came over and we told her who we were and then her dad instantly recognized us.  (I think he thought we were Gavin's parents).  Talking to them was amazing.  They had lines and lines of people...and they had already been talking for 3 1/2 hours and they stopped and spoke with us very sincerely and lovingly.  Again, they wanted to know how you were doing with this.  They have been thinking and praying and praying and praying for you.  Can you believe that?  That is amazing.  They thanked us for letting you be such an important part of Mary's life and they thanked us all for loving their sweet Mary. Then we talked about how Mary is already busy fluttering around taking care of people.  I told them that I had said that now you have a Mary angel. They agreed 100 percent that you do!

Mary's mom asked us to tell you that she would like you to come visit when you come home.  She said that they will be able to explain things that will help you understand sweet Mary.  I promised her you would and on the way home I thought, I know they will want to hear what you are writing and learning as you are experiencing this.  Keep writing and save that journal.  You have a special reunion awaiting you.  They love you very much and truly recognize what a "good" influence you had on Mary's life.  That is a gift they will treasure forever.
As we walked out of there I was so filled with love and gratitude and comfort.  Mary is o.k.  Mary is near.  Mary is still Mary and like you said....she is in heaven talking the Savior's ear off. 
I hope this brings you comfort and more affirmation in the Plan of Salvation and God's mercy.  I know we will see Mary again.  I also know that she is very near and I'm pretty certain that Grandma and Grandpa were some of the first people to greet her.  Can't you just imagine how the three of them would get along!  They would be a hoot.  Watch out Heaven!
I love you my sweet boy.
MOM

No comments: