Sunday, July 5, 2015

Neola Half Marathon

 Dave and I decided to sign up for the Neola Half Marathon.  We were supposed to do a 12 mile run on Saturday anyway, so we decided that we may as well do it with some company.  I've always feared the Neola half, because it has four miles uphill before you get to go downhill.  When we got on the bus, we quickly realized that it looked only "serious" runners were in this race.  Dave immediately said, "I'm going to be last!" I readily agreed.  Needless to say, we made it.  But...there were not many water stops and there was only one potty stop.  And at the end, there wasn't even a cool medal as a souvenir for all of that hard work!  I got in under at 1:59 and was very surprised.  Bo was there to greet us and Mariah was there somewhere as well.  She just had better things to do than to wait for us.
 We went and got breakfast while we waited for Dave.  Bo ate a lot and I ate a tiny bit because by that time, I was feeling rather sick.
 Dave lived up to his prediction and came in last, but he got personal cheering as he did.  I think he likes the last spot just for that.  They even brought him a water bottle and an extra prize just for finishing!  Sheesh.  I couldn't even find water when I finished.

So, my ranking of the Neola Half Marathon is that it will be a one time thing.  It was a tough run, with too little water and too few potties and we didn't even get a medal at the end!  ha ha.  That's really the only reason I choose to run these crazy long races.  Without that, I'm just not that dedicated.

No comments: