Sunday, June 21, 2015

St. Augustin

 We absolutely loved St. Augustine.  It was settled in 1565 and so there was so much history there.  There was the oldest house, the oldest Catherdral (where the Pope is coming to this year).  There was the oldest fort and the oldest tree.  It was absolutely beautiful.




 I spent a lot of time going around on the tour bus and visiting museums while Dave was in conference.  I learned where the term "jailbird" comes from.  They would tie inmates in this cage and hang them in a tree for 2 days if they were misbehaving.
 They would hit the gallows if they were really misbehaving!

 The oldest US fort was there.  This was the area where the soldiers would sleep.




 We had so many delicious meals.

 This is the beautiful Catholic Cathedral.


 I did make it to the Fountain of Youth and I drank from it, so I am pretty much set for life.  I brought Dave and my kiddos some water as well so that they can stay young with me.



 This is an exact replica of "David."  Because he is totally naked, the city finally grew some bushes around him. They received too many complaints about his nakedness!  So, now he is a modest David.


No comments: