Sunday, June 21, 2015

St. Augustine Florida

Thanks to my mistake of not really booking Dave's ticket to Florida when I thought I had, I ended up being able to go with him.  Yep, I went to check Dave's flight status on Thursday and found that he had NO flight status for his upcoming Sunday travels.  I was totally sick knowing that buying a ticket for him would now cost a lot more.  Needless to say, I actually found a ticket for about half the price of his original one and that's when he said, "I think you should come."  So with a little convincing and a lot of extra work preparing classes for the week, I booked a flight and Dave and I were off withing 24 hours. 

The only bad part of our trip was our flights.  US Airways completely and totally stunk in the airline category.  Four of our 5 flights were very delayed.  Our one out there was delayed a total of 4 hours and by the time we got there at midnight...I had no luggage.  So, the Marriott man gave me some stuff to get me through the night.  I was most amused at the two packs of salt and pepper that he sent as well.

No comments: