Monday, April 21, 2008

I Hate Roosevelt

This is what I said on Sunday as I was getting into the car heading to church. The wind was blowing so badly that it has blown shingles off of two different sections of our roof. I was not in a good mood and I was not liking the town I lived in at the moment. Needless to say, the speaker did not show up for Sacratment Meeting and the bishop called a few people out the audience to fill in. Unfortunately I was one of them and I did not have a good attitude. I began my little talk with those exact words, "I hate Roosevelt..." Then I explained why. That darn wind. Well, I soon found out that there is a whole church house full of "wind haters" and I heard more stories than I have ever heard! I guess that was my blessing for the day. At least I'm not the only one who hates the wind.

Carrie--I can't believe you left the best parts of this story, Shirlene! Like the part about you laughing when Allen called up the Grants to bear their testimonies, and then the part about how Dave was called up too, but didn't hear because he was laughing so hard at you! --just had to add those in!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

On the way home from church Spencer said, "I had no idea Sis. Law had such strong opinions about shingles blowing off the roof."

Dianne said...

JUST A LITTLE HOT UNDER THE COLLAR HUH?