Wednesday, April 16, 2008

We're Technologically Advanced


I've started using Instant Messaging. It is fun, and I hope when the newness wears off I won't waste so much time doing it. Maybe it is just a phase like karaoke was! Anyway, I finally got Shirlene on Yahoo Chat--we have been e-mail back and forth friends for quite a while now... So, today when we were on IM she left and when she came back she called my computer, so I grabbed my headphones and mic and started talking to her. This worked great because I could fold my laundry while I talked and just read her replies. Then when she started getting smart alec (see pic), I just had to grab my camera! By the way, Shirlene is almost never that smart alec in person! I told her that if she got a mic too, we could hear each other and she could do other things too. Then I thought that that would be kind of like talking on the phone...and I hardly ever talk to her on the phone--there are all those awkward pauses, and then you feel like you should say goodbye; whereas, on the internet you can just talk about nothing forever...

No comments: