Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Great Recipe for Chicken and Rice Soup

I just thought that I'd post some recipes that people really love. This is my latest find. It goes in as one of my all time favorite soups! Everyone else seems to agree.

Chicken Rice Soup
3-5 cloves garlic
1 1/2 c. chopped celery
1 1/2 c. chopped onion
2 cups uncooked rice (I like to add some wild rice)
1 t. chicken bouillon
2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 1/2 c. water
1 c. butter
3/4 c. flour
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
6 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste

1. Combine garlic,celery, onions, rice, bouillon, broth and water. Boil. Reduce heat and cook 30 minutes.
2. In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly add the flour and stir. Add milk and stir until thickened. Add this and the chicken to the rice mixture and cook on low. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: