Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Great Recipe for Dayton's Cookies

Dayton isn't around to make his famous chocolate chip cookies anymore so I thought I'd post this recipe so that anyone can make them and send him some. We know that boy does not cook when he is away from home!

Dayton's Cookies

1 pound butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. packed brown sugar
3 eggs
2 t. vanilla
5 c. flour
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. soda
chocolate chips

Mix butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour, salt and soda and mix well. Add chocolate chips. Bake on greased cookie sheet. Oven temperature 350. Time 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake. These will actually look "not quite done" when you take them out.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm glad you posted this so I don't have to keep calling you for it, but I still may borrow choc chips from time to time...actually I'm off cookies for a while so I'll be sending the kids to make them at your house from now on!

Carrie said...

I wish you'd make a new post...this one keeps making me hungry!